When you are buying a house or upgrading your current one, estimating the costs of the renovation by yourself is one of the hardest things. Information out there is vague, different sources will give you different numbers, and you can never be sure you have budgeted all items needed.
Last week the famous Canadian activewear company Lululemon released a very detailed global wellbeing report, illustrating that only 29 percent of global respondents indicate strong wellbeing. The study reveals that there is a huge opportunity for employers to support their employees through these unprecedented times.
While a year ago, many of us would have loved to be able to work from home a bit more often, now that it has become the norm, we are experiencing newfound challenges. In this article, we would like to delve into one of the main reasons why working from home could be challenging for some of us, namely, noise.
It is easy to overlook our mental health in these challenging times. This is not only because we might be too busy or because it seems like there are more urgent things going on in the world right now, but also since the activities that previously helped us recharge might either not be possible at the moment, or they might have to take a different form.
Do you remember what it felt like to work surrounded by colleagues? Things like hearing the sound of a printer or having a chat with a co-worker during a coffee break used to give our days a completely different feeling.
With Christmas and New Year’s Eve right around the corner, some of us might still be contemplating how to find the right gifts for our friends and families. If you happen to find yourself in this category, then it might be helpful to consider giving a book as a present.
While a simple look at the many decorations outside can make us feel the Christmas spirit, it is certain that holidays will be a bit different this year. As a result, the process of organising a Christmas dinner will also need to be adapted to the current situation, by keeping in mind the current government guidelines in your local area.
So you made up your mind: you’re going to upgrade your house. Before you embark on the journey of renovating it, it’s good to have an overview of all the aspects that this entails.
While it is a promising situation to find yourself in, finding the house of your dreams can be quite a nerve-wracking experience. This is especially true when the ideal home you have in mind does not exactly line up with the reality of the offers available on the market.
There is evidence that supports that the effects of remote work on productivity have shown less structured and less formal environment makes us more likely to perform better on tasks that require our creativity.
Light is proven to be a key factor of a workspace that facilitates both, our well-being and good performance. According to a report on performance at work released by Philips, the most useful way to think of productivity is in relation to our wellbeing.
This week, we share the highly stimulating conversation our CEO Stephanie Akkaoui Hughes had with Martin Grønberg Myrold, Campus Manager and User Experience at the HQ of L’Oreal Deutschland GmbH in Düsseldorf.
- Estimating the cost of renovating your home
- 2021 Color trends for your home
- Post-Covid-19 Workplace: What awaits us?
- Four tips to elevate your employees’ well-being
- How to reduce noise while working from home
- Taking care of mental health while working from home
- Recreating the daily dynamics of the workplace while working from home
- 10 books on architecture, design & cities to give as gifts this holiday season
- How to have a COVID-friendly Christmas dinner
- All you need to know about permits when renovating your house
- Finding your dream home
- How to overcome a creative block
- How to boost your creativity while working from home
- Nurturing our daily interactions at home
- 5 tips for improving your lighting when working from home
- Experts’ Interviews: Martin Grønberg; L’ORÉAL Deutschland about the future of the workplace
- Social distancing and employee engagement
- COVID-proofing your home
- Listen to: The new workplace and the future of work
- Listen to: The future of work, workplaces, and technology
- Listen to: A new era for the workplace
- Rethinking the purpose of Architecture
- Well-being in times of Covid-19
- Podcast: Designing the new workplace
- Leadership in times of crisis
- Community conversations: HR trends and Covid-19: Which trends are strengthened, weakened or changed? – Part III
- Community conversations: HR trends and Covid-19: Which trends are strengthened, weakened or changed? – Part II
- Community conversations: HR trends and Covid-19: Which trends are strengthened, weakened or changed? – Part I
- Experts’ Interviews: Jesper Ambrosius; LEGO about the world of the workplace
- The recovery of the workplace
- Experts’ Interviews: Gilles Debout; EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK about the workplace and the future of work
- Returning to a resilient workplace
- Community conversations: How can we be more effective when working from home during COVID-19?
- Community conversations: What are the biggest challenges for the workplace and how can we overcome them during COVID-19?
- Before hiring an architect to (re)-design your workplace: Part II
- The New Workplace after COVID-19: Meet The WorkNet
- The Workplace in the 1.5 Meter Economy: The WorkNet
- Adapt your Workplace to the 1.5 Meter Economy
- Working from home: Preserve your mental health during this period
- Working from home: Enhance your well-being while staying at home
- Working from home: Optimise your work experience in your home
- The top five green building certifications in Europe
- Before hiring an architect to (re)-design your workplace: Part I
- Is an architect enough for relocating or redesigning your workplace?
- Management vs Leadership in the Workplace
- The Best Places To Work In 2019
- How to organise your team as an HR leader
- New ways of working in today’s forward-thinking companies
- How to use Hostmanship in the workplace to benefit your employees
- Attitude: The number one factor when hiring new employees
- The Most Useful Workforce Planning Tools
- The Most Common Problems Millennials Experience in an Open Plan Office
- Top 10 Causes for High Millennial Employee Turnover in the Workplace
- Attracting, screening and retaining the best employees for your organisation
- The best books for Workplace Professionals in 2020
- Five Ways Companies Are Meeting Millennials’ Workplace Needs
- Ready to prepare your workplace for generation Z?
- The best tool to increase team engagement and boost productivity in the workplace
- The one secret to creating a successful employee experience in the workplace
- Innovation as the key to the future of HR leadership
- How to meet the expectations of millennial employees to keep them engaged in the workplace?
- How an HR manager can reduce employee turnover by optimizing the workplace design
- The fast and easy solution to retain employees in the workplace
- Three mistakes to avoid before hiring an architect to design your workplace
- The three sustainable HR practices in the workplace
- The #1 secret every HR Manager needs to know
- Is Open-Plan Office best for your Workplace Culture?
- Balancing meaningful work and work that needs to be done
- What is the difference between workplace and workspace?