It is worthwhile to understand exactly what kind of environment you want to create this holiday season. Perhaps you will be hosting a party or you’re simply wanting to create a cosy atmosphere in which you and your family can spend time together. Whatever the occasion, colour schemes are important for supporting the mood and kind of activities taking place.
In order to avoid the costly complications of purchasing a home with an asbestos problem, it’s beneficial to be able to recognise the signs and ensure the necessary checks are carried out before you buy a new property. This article aims to provide the basic information you should have about asbestos in residential properties and their renovations.
This article enquires into Anna-Marie Mašková’s personal experience of the work showcased at the Venice Architecture Biennale 2021. As a young practitioner entering the field, she offers a valuable perspective on the significance of sustainable design and how it can guarantee to meet the needs of future generations.
Architects and interior designers have a critical responsibility to ensure their designs acoustically support the well-being of its users and minimise adverse effects. Discover feasible design features to optimise the acoustics of your office space which can significantly boost employee productivity and well-being.
In environmental terms, self-sufficiency can be understood as reducing the pressure you exert on the earth for the resources you need to survive. This article suggests some simple and affordable adjustments you could make in your home which would reduce the carbon footprint of your day-to-day activities.
With the overproduction of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases being the core concern of the climate crisis, our goal should be to use as little non-renewable energy in the functioning of our homes as possible. Read on for advice on how to achieve this in your home and save money in the process!
Over the past few months, we have been interviewing leading Workplace Professionals in the best companies from around the world. This week, we share the greatly animated conversation our CEO Stephanie Akkaoui Hughes had with Sam Fuller, Workplace Services Manager at Mundipharma International Limited.
Your home is a reflection of you. It is one of the few spaces that you have for yourself and can therefore be made into reflection of who you truly are. Designing such an important space might seem like a daunting project, so we’ve noted down a few key things you should keep in mind while designing your dream interiors.
When it comes to renovating your kitchen space, there are several factors you might not have considered beyond ensuring the furnishings are resistant to wear and tear. This space plays a crucial role in creating an uncluttered, spacious and functional home. We’ve outlined exactly what we think makes a kitchen perfectly suited to modern working homes.
One of the first and most important decisions to make in the renovation process is your team; do you need to hire professionals to help you, and if so which ones? Is a contractor enough? Reading this article could help you decide whether you need to hire an architect for your project or if it is best for you to go at it alone.
When looking to buy a home, you might be asking yourself if you should go for a new, completely renovated house or instead, opt for a property which needs work and choose to renovate it yourself? This article addresses the pros and cons of both and could help you decide which option suits your situation best.
Working from home could well become part of the ‘new normal’ in working lifestyle, therefore we need to turn our attention to the physical and mental environment at home. Creating a home office setup with proper furniture promotes a healthier lifestyle, as well as higher productivity and concentration levels.
There are many benefits to introducing indoor plants in your office space. Some of these include increasing the productivity, creativity, and overall wellbeing of your employees. In this article, we explore a range of indoor plant varieties based on the functions and benefit they may serve.
As you prepare to welcome your employees back into the workplace, it might be a good time to reconsider the plants you have in the space. It’s important to take into account the placement and variety of indoor plants based on factors like level of maintenance and the specific context of the space.
Whether you are considering a renovation or an extension to your present home or the construction of a completely new house, choosing a professional to help you is one of the most important considerations that go into this project.
This week, we share the extremely insightful conversation our CEO Stephanie Akkaoui Hughes had with Bertie van Wyk, Workplace Specialist at Herman Miller.
- Future-Proof Your House | 4 life-cases to anticipate.
- Working with Architects | Why we do not suggest last minute changes.
- The Importance of Samples
- Working from Home | With a family
- Curving High Energy Costs
- 3 Easy Home Updates
- Corners of the house | How to make the most of them
- The role of windows in our homes
- Working with contractors only
- 5 Trendy Interior Design Styles
- Renovation permit application
- Navigating High Construction Costs
- Modern vs. Minimalist Design
- Long-Term Home Office Solutions
- Optimising Bedroom Space
- 10 great films for architecture fans
- How to implement colour in your home
- 2022 Colour Trends
- Discover your festive colour scheme
- Avoiding and Managing Asbestos
- Interview: Biennale Architettura 2021
- Optimising your workplace acoustics
- Part II: Sustainable home; improving your self-sufficiency
- Part I: Sustainable home; improving energy efficiency
- Experts’ Interviews: Sam Fuller; workplace experience
- Top 5 DIY interior design mistakes
- Things to consider while renovating your kitchen space
- Do you really need to hire an architect?
- To buy a house pre or post renovation?
- Home office furniture for a healthier lifestyle
- Choose the perfect-fit plants for your office space
- The benefits of introducing plants into the workplace
- The perfect indoor plants for your home and you
- How to choose the perfect-fit architect for your project
- Experts’ Interviews: Bertie van Wyk; Herman Miller about the workplace of the future
- Challenges of remote work
- The 7 top mistakes to avoid when renovating your home
- Optimising your roof space and creating a rooftop terrace
- Interior design styles for your home
- The post-pandemic city
- Experts’ Interviews: Neil Usher; GoSpace AI about the world of the workplace
- Estimating the cost of renovating your home
- 2021 Color trends for your home
- Post-Covid-19 Workplace: What awaits us?
- Four tips to elevate your employees’ well-being
- How to reduce noise while working from home
- Taking care of mental health while working from home
- Recreating the daily dynamics of the workplace while working from home
- 10 books on architecture, design & cities to give as gifts this holiday season
- How to have a COVID-friendly Christmas dinner
- All you need to know about permits when renovating your house
- Finding your dream home
- How to overcome a creative block
- How to boost your creativity while working from home
- Nurturing our daily interactions at home
- 5 tips for improving your lighting when working from home
- Experts’ Interviews: Martin Grønberg; L’ORÉAL Deutschland about the future of the workplace
- Social distancing and employee engagement
- COVID-proofing your home
- Listen to: The new workplace and the future of work
- Listen to: The future of work, workplaces, and technology
- Listen to: A new era for the workplace
- Rethinking the purpose of Architecture
- Well-being in times of Covid-19
- Podcast: Designing the new workplace
- Leadership in times of crisis
- Community conversations: HR trends and Covid-19: Which trends are strengthened, weakened or changed? – Part III
- Community conversations: HR trends and Covid-19: Which trends are strengthened, weakened or changed? – Part II
- Community conversations: HR trends and Covid-19: Which trends are strengthened, weakened or changed? – Part I
- Experts’ Interviews: Jesper Ambrosius; LEGO about the world of the workplace
- The recovery of the workplace
- Experts’ Interviews: Gilles Debout; EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK about the workplace and the future of work
- Returning to a resilient workplace
- Community conversations: How can we be more effective when working from home during COVID-19?
- Community conversations: What are the biggest challenges for the workplace and how can we overcome them during COVID-19?
- Before hiring an architect to (re)-design your workplace: Part II
- The New Workplace after COVID-19: Meet The WorkNet
- The Workplace in the 1.5 Meter Economy: The WorkNet
- Adapt your Workplace to the 1.5 Meter Economy
- Working from home: Preserve your mental health during this period
- Working from home: Enhance your well-being while staying at home
- Working from home: Optimise your work experience in your home
- The top five green building certifications in Europe
- Before hiring an architect to (re)-design your workplace: Part I
- Is an architect enough for relocating or redesigning your workplace?
- Management vs Leadership in the Workplace
- The Best Places To Work In 2019
- How to organise your team as an HR leader
- New ways of working in today’s forward-thinking companies
- How to use Hostmanship in the workplace to benefit your employees
- Attitude: The number one factor when hiring new employees
- The Most Useful Workforce Planning Tools
- The Most Common Problems Millennials Experience in an Open Plan Office
- Top 10 Causes for High Millennial Employee Turnover in the Workplace
- Attracting, screening and retaining the best employees for your organisation
- The best books for Workplace Professionals in 2020
- Five Ways Companies Are Meeting Millennials’ Workplace Needs
- Ready to prepare your workplace for generation Z?
- The best tool to increase team engagement and boost productivity in the workplace
- The one secret to creating a successful employee experience in the workplace
- Innovation as the key to the future of HR leadership
- How to meet the expectations of millennial employees to keep them engaged in the workplace?
- How an HR manager can reduce employee turnover by optimizing the workplace design
- The fast and easy solution to retain employees in the workplace
- Three mistakes to avoid before hiring an architect to design your workplace
- The three sustainable HR practices in the workplace
- The #1 secret every HR Manager needs to know
- Is Open-Plan Office best for your Workplace Culture?
- Balancing meaningful work and work that needs to be done
- What is the difference between workplace and workspace?