In order for your company to be successful, you need to attract the best talent in the industry to your firm. Many companies go out of their way to make attractive employee packages to help entice top tier workers.
Becoming a truly accomplished Workplace Professional requires you to make the most out of all the training and education available to you. Your job is likely to provide some of these opportunities for you.
Millennials are diverse and open-minded with a strong sense of social responsibility compared to their generational counterparts. These three factors and more determine what millennials are looking for.
This practical case study will show you how your workplace can help you increase team engagement and boost employee productivity in your organisation, so you can solve the main employee related issues that HR Managers, like you, are facing today.
The evolution of the workplace has come a long way. Decades ago, the question was “What do employees need to work?” – A question of Utility. This then evolved into “What do employees need to work better and faster?”
The global challenges we are facing today may not be new. They are however of a magnitude and complexity we have never faced before. Today’s trends and challenges are bigger, more complex and more global than ever. And very quickly, these problems affect every nation, every industry and every organisation.
How can a senior HR manager resolve the contradictory desires of employees for remote work, meeting and focus all at the same time? One of the biggest dilemmas of most senior HR managers is to satisfy the seemingly contradictory desires of millennials.
A company fails every 3 minutes. In fact, research has shown that 96% of all businesses fail in the first 10 years. While they fail for many reasons, employee-related issues are always among the top 3 reasons behind the failure or organisations worldwide.
Since millennials make up 70% of the workforce today, it is more relevant than ever to understand the needs and values of this generation. This is especially crucial if you are an HR manager struggling to retain millennials and keep them engaged in your workplace.
If you have problems maximizing turnover, fostering more meaningful interactions in your workplace or engaging millennials, the solution is in your workspace. More precisely, it is in designing workplaces that are in alignment with your goals and vision.
Sustainability embraces the physical reality of now, builds in the resilience and agility to adapt to changing conditions and the intelligence of anticipatory thinking. Embedding the 3 qualities of sustainability in your HR practices ensures that you create a future proof organisation.
How to get employee buy-in and commitment to boost your company?
As an HR Manager, in any size organisation, engaging your employees in your company is always part of your focus. Facilitating interactions is the secret towards engaging people in your company.
Open plan office or not. That is the question that has been haunting most Human resources (HR), Facility Management (FM) and Real estate (CRE) professionals in organisations around the world, when it comes to the workplace (open) plan architecture.
Millennials. There are a number of characteristics that describe this generation, however, the core can be distilled to the following. They want one thing: meaningful work, a sense of purpose, and the opportunity to change the world.
What is the difference between workplace and workspace? It is not clear what the exact difference would be. It is very important to keep them separate before redesigning either. Workplace is where you go to work; workspace is where you do your work.
- Part II: Sustainable home; improving your self-sufficiency
- Part I: Sustainable home; improving energy efficiency
- Experts’ Interviews: Sam Fuller; workplace experience
- Top 5 DIY interior design mistakes
- Things to consider while renovating your kitchen space
- Do you really need to hire an architect?
- To buy a house pre or post renovation?
- Home office furniture for a healthier lifestyle
- Choose the perfect-fit plants for your office space
- The benefits of introducing plants into the workplace
- The perfect indoor plants for your home and you
- How to choose the perfect-fit architect for your project
- Experts’ Interviews: Bertie van Wyk; Herman Miller about the workplace of the future
- Challenges of remote work
- The 7 top mistakes to avoid when renovating your home
- Optimising your roof space and creating a rooftop terrace
- Interior design styles for your home
- The post-pandemic city
- Experts’ Interviews: Neil Usher; GoSpace AI about the world of the workplace
- Estimating the cost of renovating your home
- 2021 Color trends for your home
- Post-Covid-19 Workplace: What awaits us?
- Four tips to elevate your employees’ well-being
- How to reduce noise while working from home
- Taking care of mental health while working from home
- Recreating the daily dynamics of the workplace while working from home
- 10 books on architecture, design & cities to give as gifts this holiday season
- How to have a COVID-friendly Christmas dinner
- All you need to know about permits when renovating your house
- Finding your dream home
- How to overcome a creative block
- How to boost your creativity while working from home
- Nurturing our daily interactions at home
- 5 tips for improving your lighting when working from home
- Experts’ Interviews: Martin Grønberg; L’ORÉAL Deutschland about the future of the workplace
- Social distancing and employee engagement
- COVID-proofing your home
- Listen to: The new workplace and the future of work
- Listen to: The future of work, workplaces, and technology
- Listen to: A new era for the workplace
- Rethinking the purpose of Architecture
- Well-being in times of Covid-19
- Podcast: Designing the new workplace
- Leadership in times of crisis
- Community conversations: HR trends and Covid-19: Which trends are strengthened, weakened or changed? – Part III
- Community conversations: HR trends and Covid-19: Which trends are strengthened, weakened or changed? – Part II
- Community conversations: HR trends and Covid-19: Which trends are strengthened, weakened or changed? – Part I
- Experts’ Interviews: Jesper Ambrosius; LEGO about the world of the workplace
- The recovery of the workplace
- Experts’ Interviews: Gilles Debout; EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK about the workplace and the future of work
- Returning to a resilient workplace
- Community conversations: How can we be more effective when working from home during COVID-19?
- Community conversations: What are the biggest challenges for the workplace and how can we overcome them during COVID-19?
- Before hiring an architect to (re)-design your workplace: Part II
- The New Workplace after COVID-19: Meet The WorkNet
- The Workplace in the 1.5 Meter Economy: The WorkNet
- Adapt your Workplace to the 1.5 Meter Economy
- Working from home: Preserve your mental health during this period
- Working from home: Enhance your well-being while staying at home
- Working from home: Optimise your work experience in your home
- The top five green building certifications in Europe
- Before hiring an architect to (re)-design your workplace: Part I
- Is an architect enough for relocating or redesigning your workplace?
- Management vs Leadership in the Workplace
- The Best Places To Work In 2019
- How to organise your team as an HR leader
- New ways of working in today’s forward-thinking companies
- How to use Hostmanship in the workplace to benefit your employees
- Attitude: The number one factor when hiring new employees
- The Most Useful Workforce Planning Tools
- The Most Common Problems Millennials Experience in an Open Plan Office
- Top 10 Causes for High Millennial Employee Turnover in the Workplace
- Attracting, screening and retaining the best employees for your organisation
- The best books for Workplace Professionals in 2020
- Five Ways Companies Are Meeting Millennials’ Workplace Needs
- Ready to prepare your workplace for generation Z?
- The best tool to increase team engagement and boost productivity in the workplace
- The one secret to creating a successful employee experience in the workplace
- Innovation as the key to the future of HR leadership
- How to meet the expectations of millennial employees to keep them engaged in the workplace?
- How an HR manager can reduce employee turnover by optimizing the workplace design
- The fast and easy solution to retain employees in the workplace
- Three mistakes to avoid before hiring an architect to design your workplace
- The three sustainable HR practices in the workplace
- The #1 secret every HR Manager needs to know
- Is Open-Plan Office best for your Workplace Culture?
- Balancing meaningful work and work that needs to be done
- What is the difference between workplace and workspace?