AKKA is looking for a Product Design intern to work on various products we develop for our customers.
The responsibilities include defining product specifications, creating digital or print drawings and designing fully-functional products. To be successful in this role, you should have an eye for color and shape, be able to translate requirements into practical product features and have the ability to align the design to the branding of AKKA.
Ultimately, you will help us build products that are easy to use and visually appealing to our potential customers while being involved in all the steps of the process.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Identify opportunities for new products and furniture
- Set design requirements
- Research materials and techniques
- Sketch drafts on paper or digitally (for example, using CAD)
- Use 3D modelling software to design products and components
- Produce prototypes and test functionality
- Creativity in mixing up colors, shapes and techniques
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) tools
- Good knowledge of 3D modeling software
- Experience with design programs (like Illustrator and Sketch)
- Work well in a team
- Time-management skills
- English proficiency. Dutch is a plus
- Student/Bachelor or higher-level degree in Product Design, Manufacturing Design – Engineering or relevant field
- Work experience in Product/Furniture Design is a plus
- You are available to work next to a great team for a period of at least 4 months.
What we offer:
- You get the chance to work in an exciting, dynamic and growing company.
- This position offers you the opportunity to have full access to the SDG’s House network & gain international work experience.
- You will develop your portfolio and especially innovate through new ideas and insights.
- You will be able to work with influentials from different industries.
- You will have the opportunity to choose your own team.
- Based on your performance you will have the open opportunity to create a career at AKKA Architects.
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, send us your CV, Motivation letter, and a few examples of your work to email@example.com with the subject Product/Furniture Design Internship, and we will be in touch.
The best and most convincing candidates will be invited for an interview!